Friday, January 22, 2010

Featured Seller...???

Well, as a blogger I learned a valuable lesson...ask more than one artist to be your featured seller! Unfortunately, the artisan I had contacted did not respond. As this is my New Year's resolution, I do not want to miss a day, so for this week we are going to interview none other than Four Elements Design! Hey, when you are desperate you take desperate measures!!!

Tell us about yourself?

I am a Canadian girl from a little City in Saskatchewan. I moved to BC with my husband and two beautiful boys to start living our dream. We love the outdoors. Fishing, skiing, snowboarding, biking, hiking, hunting, snowshoeing, basically whatever the season will allow. I love to read sitting by my fire drinking a hot cup of coffee. I love design of all kinds. And nothing is better than waking up to sit on my front porch in the morning...in the summer of course!



What is your creative process?

I would describe myself as a fly by the seat of your pants type person. I don't really plan my ideas ahead of time. More often than not, my beads are created in the moment. Whatever is inspiring me that day. It could be the weather, a song, a coat, anything that catches my attention. This practice has served me well to date. So as the saying goes, "If it isn't broke, don't fix it!"



Who or what inspires your designs?

I touched a bit on this in the question above. I am a in the moment type person. It may be the colour combination of a person's outfit. I might want a certain piece to wear for a special occasion. I once designed a bracelet based on the colours of a friend's eyes. Literally, everything inspires my designs!



What advice do you have for NEW Canadian Sellers?

Well, I don't think you get much "newer" than me so I don't have any sage advice. What I can say is to not get discouraged. If you are not getting sales research what other successful Etsy shops have done. Be persistent. If you have a great product people will buy it.



What was your first Etsy purchase?

I just completed my first Etsy purchase! I spoiled myself and bought pampering products from Simply Tempted. I have listed Simply Tempted in my favourite things before for their scrumptious product. To check out their shop go to http://www.simplytempted.etsy.com/. Their stuff is amazing I can't wait to get mine!!!



I sincerely apologize for not having a prepared interview for Feature Friday.  But I must admit I have enjoyed sharing with you a little more about me!

To visit Four Elements Design's Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment